Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dubai International Financial Centre

When I saw this listed on our schedule I have to admit I was pretty excited and I'm going to blame it on the fact that I'm sort of a Finance major. Honestly though, this visit was so great and I got even more interested when we went to visit the DIFC courts. After I graduate from KSU I want to go on to law school so getting to visit the courts and ask some questions about how they regulate these businesses was not only the most interesting visit for me but the one most related to what I want my career to be. The DIFC is fast becoming an important financial hub in the world attracting hundreds of companies and even many stock exchanges. The DIFC is a perfect example of a well-constructed plan being efficiently put into action and resulting in a prosperous free-zone.
I was so glad that we were able to tour the entire 100+ acres of the DIFC. It's really great to see how they have in this space combined a work atmosphere but also a homey feel for all those expats who live within the DIFC. The DIFC really is like a small town within a bigger town (Dubai).
Now onto DIFC courts, my favorite business visit of all mainly because I was able to find out how I can possibly get hired to work with their courts at some time in the future. Can you imagine me living in Dubai??? That would be AMAZING, but I'd never take that possibility off the table. Anyway enjoy some gorgeous pictures of the views of and from the DIFC.


This building is exclusively for those living in DIFC and one more thing its interior design is by FENDI!!!


Burj Khalifa in the background



No comments:

Post a Comment